Mike has a degree in Engineering from the United States Air Force Academy and was a project engineer on the GPS Navigation Remote Tracking Stations in the 1980’s when the system was first deployed as a Military only system. Mike became fascinated with building science and healthy indoor environments. With over 30 years of experience in the building restoration business, including thousands of insurance claims and investigations, as well as 20 plus years of litigation support, Mike is one of the most highly trained experts in the industry. Over the years his credentials have grown to include the following:
- General Building Contractor, Contractors State License Board [#502098 (1986)]
- Certified Restorer, Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Board Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant, American Council for Accredited Certification
- Board Certified Microbial Consultant, American Council for Accredited Certification
- Board Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor, American Council for Accredited Certification
- ICRA Certified (Infection Control Risk Assessment) Healthcare Supervisor & Educator
This experience is indispensable when it comes to his consulting and educational efforts. Mike’s company, American Craftsman Restoration, provides services to schools like College of the Canyons, Saugus School District and Castaic School District.
Mike believes that Reducing Risk through education and preparation protects students and faculty and saves facility down time and money when a disaster strikes your facility.